Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Catching Up Time!

I have a lot to catch up on has happened in the last few weeks. We had so many exciting things happen. First we had my brother-in-law and his family come up to visit from Florida for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! I had a surprise announcement to tell everyone that Kayley will be a "Big Sister," We had birthday parties, Fireworks, Michigan Adventure, lots of pool time, and Oh Yeah......Did I mention that I'M PREGNANT!!!!! I will have to tell you how I told everyone. So, bare with me on this long post that I'm going to write and I will catch everyone up on everything.

OK....so for my amazing announcement. I found out that I was pregnant on Thursday, June 28th at 7:30am. I took a pregnancy test that morning and it was positive, so I called Tony right away and told him the exciting news. He was so happy! I wish I could have seen his face, but I could tell by his voice, that he was grinning from ear to ear.Then we decided to not tell anyone until later. We were going to make it a surprise and try and tell everyone on Debbie's (Tony's mom) Birthday, which was on the 4th of July. Well............It was a great thought, but my mom could tell that something was up and that weekend we went to Somerset mall with my mom and she found out that I'm pregnant. She told us that she could tell by the glow on my face already. So, then we had to tell Debbie. When we got home that night, I wrapped up a piece of paper that said, "We Are" and a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce in a box and gave it to Debbie as an early birthday present. When she opened it, she read the piece of paper and was kind of confused and then lifted the paper of the prego jar and knew right away what was going on. She was so excited. She had the biggest smile on her face and gave me a great big hug. We told her that only my mom and her knows about this and that we weren't going to tell anyone until later. We kept it a secret for four days. It felt like a long time. July 1st, my brother-in-law and his family came up and stayed with us for two weeks. They had a lot of stuff planned to do, so we were in for a busy two weeks. One night we all went to our Aunt Linda's house and ate dinner and started planning what we were going to do for the weekend. Then all of a sudden my sister-in-law and two of our cousins started talking about being pregnant and if anyone was going to try to have any more kids. They even asked me if I was pregnant yet and I told them that I wasn't yet. It was so hard not telling them that I was, but they were going to find out soon enough. On July 3rd, Tony took his mom out to the All-Star game for our Women's softball team that we have for our church. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law and I set up a surprise birthday party at home for Debbie and that was the time I was telling everyone that I'm pregnant.When our whole family (Debbie's side) came over and waited for Debbie,  Tony and Debbie finally got home and we all yelled, "SURPRISE!". She was definitely surprised, but she figured something was up. When I finally gave her the present Tony and I had for her, she opened it and inside was a bag of Baby goldfish, Baby Ruth candy bars, box of Sugar Babies, and a Baby Bottle Pop. Debbie showed everyone each thing and they all finally caught on when I said I'm Pregnant. They couldn't believe I kept it a secret from them, but they were very happy for us. The next day was the 4th of July and we went to our church picnic. I put a t-shirt on Kayley that said, "I'm the big sister" and that is how everyone in church found out.  It was such a fun time telling everyone our big news.

The next day, Tony and I went to Michigan Adventure with our family. It was a HOT day and we all got some color on us. Some of us were more sun-burned than others. But we had a great time. Tony and I decided to keep Kayley at home with my mom. So after a super long day without her, Tony and I definitely missed her. The days after, we had a  ladies day of consignment shopping and a birthday party for our cousin, Lukas. He turned 10 years old. He is growing up fast. Then Tony and I both had our softball games on Monday and Tuesday and Tony had his soccer game on Thursday. Then on Friday, we had an early birthday party for Kayley. She had a puppy themed party. She had an adopt a puppy and doggie bag station for the younger kids. I also made her a giant cupcake with paw prints made out of smarties on it for her. Her cupcakes had the same thing on them. Later that night, we had a bonfire and we lit of some fireworks that my Step-dad brought over for us. We were having a great time lighting some off and then all of a sudden, one of the fireworks tipped over and exploded on some dry grass and caught it on fire! So a few of us stretched the hose over as far as it would go and got a shop vac full of pool water over to put the fire out. Then as Tony was cleaning up all the used fireworks up and he threw them and some empty boxes in the bonfire, all of a sudden a firework went off in the bonfire. No one got hurt, but we sure did have a lot of excitement that night.Anyways...... Kayley turned TWO YEARS OLD! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. She talks so much now and has a great, crazy, fun personality. She brings so much joy and fun to our lives. She makes us laugh at all the goofy things she does now.

The next day my brother-in-law and his family went back home to Florida. We had a good time with them and are looking forward to seeing them again soon.

Birthday Girl

Make  A Wish!

Present Time

All Kayley's cousins helping her open her presents
So that was our fun-filled two weeks we spent with family and friends. Hope you all had a great 4th of July week!

No comments:

Post a Comment