Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Winter/Christmas Bucket List


Now that Fall is just about over and we have already had a little bit of snow already, I thought I would create my Winter/Christmas Bucket List. My Fall Bucket List, I thought I did pretty good at accomplishing most of it. I didn't do a couple things, but I did the things I really wanted to do. The one I'm really proud of is Thanking God for something in my life everyday in my prayers. It wasn't for five minutes but I did give thanks. I also even made homemade Halloween costumes for Kayley and myself!
Anyways, here is my new list for this winter......

1. Make a snowman or snow fort. (Since I can't go sledding this year being almost in my third trimester)
2. Go to Crossroads Village or drive through it to see the lights
3. Go Christmas Caroling
4. Make Christmas crafts
5. Make Christmas cookies
6. Make Christmas gifts for family and friends
7. Read the Christmas story of Jesus' Birth in the book of Luke in the Bible
8. Make a Christmas Eve Breakfast
9. Lots of baking of candy, cookies or whatever I find on Pinterest. :)
10. Decorate the Christmas tree
11. Have a Christmas Family Portrait done
12. Go to the Candle light service on Christmas Eve at church
13. Slumber party with Kayley by the Christmas tree.
14. Watch Christmas movies with hot chocolate and goodies
15. Make Christmas Cards

So....here is my list. I hope to do all of them, which shouldn't be too hard. Even though I really don't like the cold weather or driving in the snow, Christmas is my favorite time of the season. Not only do I like watching it snow outside and spending time with family and friends, I love the fact that JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON. God gave the greatest gift of all to all of us and that is JESUS. I'm so glad that my family and I are children of God and are teaching our kids about God so that one day, they will be children of God. So take the time to go to the book of Luke in the Bible and read the story of the wonderful birth of Jesus Christ. Hopefully it will show you what Christmas is really about and bring joy to your hearts as much as it does for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment