Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sparks-A-Rama 2012

Cornerstone Baptist Church Sparks Team
(Paige, Trever, AJ, Reagen, Carolyne, Jackson, Mya, Nicholas, Carolyn, Kami, Lainey
Lydia and Charissa. From front to back)



This year, I got the privilege to help Mrs. Vicki Whitman coach our Sparky team. I was so excited to be able to help out, because I remember when I was in the Awana Olympics when I was a little girl. I didn't get to be in the Sparks-A-Rama because I didn't go to Cornerstone until I was in the fourth grade, but I remember how much fun it was when I went. Our Sparks were the only team on our circle in the gym, to have finished their first Sparky book. Most of them have finished two books and four of them have finished all their books and a Sparky Workbook. We even have one girl, (Charissa) who has finished all her books and workbooks and is now working on her "Be Attitudes" (Matthew 5:1-12). She is one of my second grade girls in Sparks and she flies through all her verses. In Sparks-A-Rama, she even got rewarded a dollar from the guy who was the speaker for the event for all her hard work she did. Our team this year had six kindergartners and only two of them have actually played in the Sparks-A-Rama last year. So this event was new to most of are team. They did so good this year though. They worked really hard and had a great attitude through the whole thing. Our team tied for third place with another church. Even though we didn't win, they had a lot of fun and I am very proud of them. I'm so glad that I was involved coaching such a great group of kids. I'm looking forward to it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment