Monday, April 2, 2012

My April Fools Day

April Fools Day is a great day for jokes and pranks. I could say that I put on the greatest prank ever yesterday, but can you believe that I didn't even crack a joke or anything. I honestly didn't. I don't know why. I could have told people I was pregnant...(which I'm totally not), or I could have told someone that they had something in their hair. I didn't do any of those things. Instead, I got to teach my third grade girls in 252(Jr Worship) about Hope and about someone that is stronger than anything. That person is God. Hope is believing that something good can come out of something bad. Their memory verse for the week was John 16:33. It says, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have over-come the world." That means that if we are a child of God, no matter how hard life may be for us, He will always be there to help us with our struggles. God is so strong that he even conquered death. He died on the cross for OUR sins and was buried in a tomb and then rose again the third day. Then in the evening, I got to hear a great sermon in church last night from Evangelist, Mark Kerlin. He is such a great preacher. He preaches from the heart and always asks God to give him the words and knowledge of what the church needs to hear. Last night he preached on "Mending The Nets". The Bible passage he preached on was in Matthew 4:19-22. He told us that as Christians, we get caught up in knowing that we are forgiven and going to Heaven, but a lot of times we don't think about others going to Heaven. We don't think about some family members or friends may not know Jesus Christ as their Saviour. We tend to get scared about telling them about Jesus because maybe we won't have the right words to say or they may even reject us. I know I get nervous about telling people about God. But I realized that I can't do it on my own. I need to ask God to help me through it and give me the strength and knowledge and He will. God really convicted me last night to be a  better soul winner for Christ. I realized that I need to tell others more about Christ and not keep it all to myself. I made a promise to God last night that with His help, I will make sure to tell my family, friends and everyone else about my Wonderful, Forgiving Saviour, Jesus Christ. I'm so glad that one day, I will go to Heaven and I want everyone to be there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment