Monday, May 14, 2012

Kalli's Graduation from KSU

Tony and I at Scott and michelle's house



A few weeks ago, Tony and I received a graduation invitation from my cousin Kalli from Kansas. At first we were really debating on if we were going because at the time, my Grandpa Griffis was not doing well at all. Then last Tuesday, when we found out that my Grandpa passed away and the memorial service wouldn't be until May 19th, we decided we would take the long drive to Kansas. So, we left last Thursday after my softball practice and headed to my Uncle Scott and Aunt Michelle's house. This was Kayley's first long road trip and Tony and my  first long road trip driving by ourselves. It took us about 12 1/2 hours to get to Kansas and Kayley slept the whole time almost. She did so good. When we got to my Uncle and Aunt's house, we were definitely spoiled by them. My Uncle Scott made us lunch and took us to the zoo in Topeka, Kansas. It was alot of fun. Kayley loved all the animals. She wasn't too thrilled on feeding the goose though.....The goose poked her hand to get the food out of her hand and she didn't like it. After the zoo, we went back home to order pizza for dinner. Then Aunt Michelle and I went to the grocery store to get buns for Kalli's party and BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!!!! We don't have any Blue Bell ice cream in Michigan in our stores, so I was super excited to get some. The next day, we all got up at 6am and ate yummy pancakes and Uncle Scott made and headed out the door at 6:30am for Kalli's graduation in Manhattan. Kalli's graduated from Kansas State University. Kalli got a degree of Bachelor of Science in Social Work and a minor in Women's studies. We were all very proud of her and I couldn't wait to spend some time with her and my cousin Tyler at her party afterwards. I missed them SO MUCH. I haven't seen Kalli since she was in Tony and my wedding day. It was so good spending time with all  of them and we wished we could have stayed longer, but we had to head back home. Thank you Uncle Scott and Aunt Michelle for everything!!! You guys are awesome! Congratulations again Kalli and it was so good seeing you and Tyler again. We love you all and hope to come see you again soon!
Aunt Michelle and Kayley walking back from getting the mail
Kayley and Mommy sitting on the drive way
Kayley and Mommy at the Topeka Zoo
Kayley and Daddy plugging their noses from the stinky elephant poop
Kayley and Daddy sitting on a lion statue
Uncle Scott on his phone. He was on his phone or computer a lot for work. lol!
Kayley comparing her hand to a gorilla hand print
Kayley and Daddy following the penguin path
Love this picture!!!!
Kayley and Mommy at the graduation
Kayley, Mommy and Uncle Scott
Kalli coming in.She's the one in the middle
YAY KALLI!!!!
Kalli and me and Kayley sleeping...ha ha!
Kalli and Aunt Michelle
Uncle Scott and Kalli
The McClure Family
Tyler and me
Kalli and me

No comments:

Post a Comment