Saturday, May 26, 2012

Patriotic Cake Batter Cookies

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Tomorrow is my church's Memorial Day Picnic and I was really sure what I was going to make for it. I wanted to make cookies for sure, but didn't want to make the same old Chocolate Chip cookies I always make. So I decided to experiment a little on the Cake Batter Cookie recipe I found on Pintrest. I have to say, they turned out really good and made the house smell really YUMMY!!! So here is the recipe for each different color cookie.





Ingredients:
1 (18.25 oz) box of White Cake Mix
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
Red, White & Blue Sprinkles


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C.)
2. In medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, baking powder and sprinkles. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended. (I used my hands to really mix it well, it seemed to work better.)
3. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cooking sprayed cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Note: For the Red  Cookies use Strawberry Cake Mix instead of the White Cake Mix. Skip the sprinkles.
For the Blue Cookies, follow the White Cake Mix recipe and just add a 3oz Berry Blue Jell-o Mix in it. Also skip the Sprinkles in Blue Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment