Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Granny's 80th Birthday

Four Generations Picture
Yesterday was my Granny's 80th Birthday. A few months ago, my Granny had to have a feeding tube put in her stomach. Her doctor told her that she would not be able to swallow anything without choking. So for her birthday, my mom and I planned on having her friends and family come and visit her where she is staying at now in Mt. Morris. My mom asked everyone to bring her some roses since she is unable to eat anything. We were hoping that Granny would get 80 roses for her turning 80 years young and we did it!! Granny got 80 roses for her birthday. Some were real and some were artificial. My mom and I also made a jello poked cake and jello squares for her birthday. We tried to make a cake that was soft enough for Granny to try and swallow. Granny actually got to try a little bit and she didn't have any problems. She really wanted more, but we didn't want to over do it. Granny had around 20 or so guests show up for her birthday yesterday. Her pastor and his family from her church even showed up. Granny got to hold their youngest baby girl for a little while too. After people started to leave and her party was ending, Granny got in cleaning mode. The whole time I was there, Granny kept herself busy. She did not want to sit still. My mom kept on telling her to relax and she wouldn't. I think she drove my mom a little nuts. LOL! Granny really enjoyed herself though. She also looked good too. She dressed very classy as usual. It was so good seeing how well Granny looked. I haven't got to see her in a while, so it was so good to see her smiling face again.

The Flowers I Put Together For Granny. Can you believe I found everything from the dollar store?!

All of Granny's 80 Roses. She was so proud of them, she made sure everyone of the workers in the nursing home saw them.

Granny holding her Pastor and Wife's baby girl

Kayley watching cartoons with the Pastor's two boys. The guy in the chair on the right hand side is Granny's Pastor. I don't remember his name.

Kayley and the P'KS

My Family and Granny

Our Kayley Bug! I love this picture! She is getting SO BIG!

1 comment:

  1. That was a nice birthday idea! Kayley's hair is getting soooo long. Sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete